Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Solution for Fibby

Here in little ole Maine, I still go to Dunkin' Donuts all the time. Sure, we have Starbucks here, but they don't have drive-thrus. I have a three-year-old who can climb in and out of his own car seat, but buckling him and unbuckling is a pain in the neck, so we drive right on through. The beauty of driving through at Dunkin' Donuts is that they never even ask you your name, thus avoiding all of Fibby's (and MOMP's) trials and tribulations. Nonetheless, when I ran across this article in the blogosphere, I just had to post it. Your Starbucks name is a chance to adopt a new identity any day of the week... how very post-modern of us!

3 comments:

fibby said...

Niiiice. There was a sandwich place when I grew up that asked for our names, and we always gave fake ones - I'm pretty sure I used "Bob" more than once.

Now they just use those stupid buzzer-light-up thingys that give no opportunity for such creativity. How boring.

Cameron said...

i'm thinking Kevin might be my new name... I mean, how random is that? We shall see, as I return to the scene of the crime tomorrow for my final interview of the season.

Turbo said...

LB- Just have to alert you (in case you haven't already discovered it) that the Starbucks in Falmouth has a drive-through. Not that I condone patronizing such an imperialist coffee establishment. Or do so myself.