Sunday, May 04, 2008

Grown-ups Dating (or, Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned Watching TV)


A Sunday morning romp through YouTube...

Dating has been the theme around here lately. Some of it my own -- with N, my husband of 8 years -- some of it related to others. Here's what I know:

1) Grand romantic gestures are good. Making grand romantic gestures in public is even better. Pacey bought Joey a wall for her to paint. Seth climbed on top of a coffee cart and declared his love for Summer. Danny showed up, dressed as Santa and gave CJ a goldfish pin in front of the entire press corps. Works every time.

2) There is a fine line between nervous, anxious smiling and happy, excited grinning; and the former often leads to the latter. See, e.g., this scene with Addison and Pete in a "not horny elevator."

3) Sometimes the guy who is not "boyfriend material" turns out to have surprising potential. Logan was a wild-child with a zero kScale (tm) score. And then along came Rory and they -- almost -- lived happily ever after. We'll call it the L-corollary.

4 comments:

fibby said...

Josh said you like goldfish.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p-YUGjf31Fw

fibby said...

Oh dear... it would appear as though I've found a new way to procrastinate:

Holding Hands:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6Sr8WhhuO4

I Missed the Window (this and skiing)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLBUJ6g7BuA

craftosaurus said...

Hee. K-scale. Still love it.

Also, I've realized the need (at least for myself) to incorporate what I'm calling the A-quotient. 'A' for 'adaptability.' Because I have none and need someone who can make up for that...

Sarah said...

What? No updates on the fall line ups?