Monday, December 18, 2006

The 24 Dilemma


I have seen only 2 and a half seasons of 24. Do I skip ahead and start watching in January? It's really a frequent dilemma: What does one do when one discovers a good show after it has already been on for a while? Netflix and, more recently, the networks' streaming feeds and iTunes, make it easier: my solution is usually to watch all the back episodes and then catch up to the current run of episodes. I've done this with quite a few shows (including Friday Night Lights, One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy, and even Dawson's Creek, which had been over for several years before I found it). But even with easy ways to find the old eps, this type of catch up requires real commitment. It's ok if you discover the show during the summer -- there's nothing else to watch anyway. But, right now, it's football season and there are good shows on all the other nights...

N says, "It's in HD and Sean's going to watch it here with us." So I guess it's decided. I'll never know what happens to Jack in seasons 3-5 and how President Palmer dies (I figure he must die since now the actor has his own show!). While I ponder this oh-so-important moral dilemma, check out this amusing holiday trailer for the next seaon of 24.

No comments: