Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Moving the Chains: Tom Brady and the Pursuit of Everything


Tom Brady is younger than I am. He's probably too young to have a biography written about him, so let's just call Charles Pierce's new book a "profile" rather than a biography. I just finished it and highly recommend it. It really is like reading a long magazine article about Brady and provides a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes at last year's season and at all the things that make Tom tick. It's a quick read with lots of good memories of better times in Patriots-land and the distinct hope that the team will rise again once Tom can find a teammate to catch his passes. Not that the 2005 season was necessarily better times, but the book leaps back in time to many prior moments of glory. I probably shouldn't be so negative about this season yet. I know we're still in it... the season's not over and we're playoff-bound, but this is probably not the year for reasons that were well explained in today's Globe article. And this just in: Brady didn't even make the Pro Bowl this year. If this snub makes you sad (and I dedicate this post to you, Fibby) read Pierce's book and feel warm and fuzzy inside.

2 comments:

brushfiremedia said...

Hey, Brady didn't even go when he was voted in... The Pro Bowl is pretty much a joke anyway.

Now, if he can just bring home another ring....

fibby said...

I love you muchly for this posting and especially the photo. I can't comment on many of your TV show postings because I'm never home, don't have Tivo, and don't have a working VCR, BUT I do have a love for Tom Brady, and I will easily enjoy any postings about him you throw my way. :-)