Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Dare You

I have made a convert. Fellow almost-lawyer AC told me that she caught a couple eps of Friday Night Lights that her TiVo had "suggested" for her. Since then, she's been streaming them obsessively on her computer. Recently, she was even questioned by a policeman at 2 am about this obsession. (Ok, so the policeman is her boyfriend and he was wondering why she hadn't come to bed, but still...)

All this leads me to my double dog dare of the week. NBC has posted the whole first season of FNL on its site. I double dog dare you to stream and watch two episodes without getting hooked. Go ahead, do it... you know you want to.

3 comments:

craftosaurus said...

I still haven't seen any episodes of Friday Night Lights (I know, I know, I could watch them online...), but I have October Road on and of course thought of your blog. I'm only half paying attention because I don't think it's well written, but I'm wondering if you're figured out why oh WHY the writers insist on having the characters use the phrase "what goes on" every twenty seconds. Seriously, who says that? Nobody talks that way! So infuriating.

Um yeah, if you can tell me why I'm even half paying attention to something I find so annoying, that'd be great, too. :)

Legal Blondie said...

I fell asleep during the first commercial break. The lesson: never watch mediocre TV without the assistance of TiVo.

Purposeful Wanderer said...

I TOTALLY AGREE. I got hooked 3 weekends ago and watched the entire season in 2 days. I was actually sad when I realized I had an entire summer ahead of me and I had exhausted the entire show. Oh well. Maybe I'll start all over from the beginning.