Sunday, May 13, 2007

All Caught Up

This one's for you, Fibby! I meant to invite you up here for the Survivor finale, but it snuck up on me (because I haven't been watching). I hope you're going to be watching with friends in Beantown. If not, give me a call. We'll teleconference it!

In any case, it was Mother's Day today, so N miraculously took G out for breakfast at first light, allowing me to wallow around in bed for hours. Because I can no longer actually sleep past 7 am, I whiled away my time by streaming the episodes of Survivor that I missed in favor of Ugly Betty this season. The season finale is tonight, and now I'm all caught up. I'm rooting for Yau Man because he's so damn smart and wily (giving away the truck was pure brilliance), but I think Earl is probably the odds-on favorite. Does anyone know why Cassandra is still around? She must be nice because she has to be the most uncoordinated Survivor ever to make it to the top 5.

5 comments:

brushfiremedia said...

Miraculously?

fibby said...

Here's where I'm confused: Is Yau Man still obligated to give the car to Dreamz? I think he shouldn't, just because Dreamz is a stupid name, and also Dreamz didn't live up to his word. Guess I'll find out in an hour or so at the reunion show when everyone is fat again.

Legal Blondie said...

They were indeed fat again... Earl's face looked much larger than it did on the island!

I didn't watch the whole reunion show. Did they at least give Yau Man a big fat check for winning the fan poll or something like that?

I have no idea why Dreamz thought that going back on his deal was somehow going to help him win a million. Just like Earl said: as soon as Dreamz kept the necklace, he gave Earl the million.

Also, any idea why after 14 seasons the prize is still the same $1 million. I mean, it's starting to be a little bit like Dr. Evil on Austin Powers. Don't get me wrong, a million is a lot of money, but it's not really *that* much money, is it? They give away that much money (at least theoretically) on Who Wants to be a Millionaire during lunch-- Survivor is consistently rated in the top 20 prime time shows on TV (oddly, I think). They probably could afford to raise the stakes.

Legal Blondie said...

Yes, my love. Miraculously. As in, I was very grateful, as I am of all things miraculous. It was meant to be a shout out to your good deed, not criticism!

To all my readers: N and G also came home with a nice Mother's Day plant and half a dozen red roses. (G sez: "But mommy, we did forget something at the grocery store. We forgot the candy!")

fibby said...

No big fat check for Yau Man - no fan poll this time. So he gave away the truck AND got zero dollars. But everyone up there acknowledged that he should have won, so there's that...