Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Happy Little Moment

Watching a rerun of Dawson's Creek the other night, I had a fun little moment . . . and no one to share it with. So here it is: the Capeside crowd was in the college bar that they hung out in, having some typical Dawson's-style discussion and, for some reason, I happened to hear the music playing way in the background (as if on the bar's jukebox). Now, I'm really not a music person, as many readers of this blog will attest. I've got no ear for it, and usually it just blends into the background for me when I watch TV. But on this one occassion, you see, the jukebox was playing "Here We Go" by Dispatch. Once upon a time, Dispatch was called One Fell Swoop (and even before that they were the Wood River Bandits, fondly known by their friends as the Cloud Forest Bunnies), and they played concerts in the dorm lounges at Middlebury and lived on the same hall as my friend Tyler. This summer, they will play three sold out shows at Madison Square Garden as a fundraiser for Zimbabwe. This despite the fact that the band has been broken up for 3 years! In any case, it was really fun to hear their music on an old episode of Dawson's. I sure wish I had tickets to one of their NYC shows this summer, but it seems like a somewhat inappropriate method of bar study.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

If only the show was a month later!

Cameron said...

they're great live and all, but really, H, you've seen them in the best possible venue. except maybe seeing them in the stanky, subterranean basement lounge in Battell... or did you see them there, too?

Legal Blondie said...

Allen Lounge was the best place I saw them... smaller than Battell's subterranean haunt, but a bit less stanky. And Burger played drums that night, so that was fun!