Sunday, February 11, 2007

Why I Love Sweeps

What a good week in TV! This is a post for true TV geeks like me.

Since last Sunday, there have been some big doings in my favorite fantasy worlds on the small screen. Some of the highlights:
  • Emily Gilmore made me cry. The show has been such a disappointment this season, but this episode was perfect. Simply perfect.
  • Meredith Grey went for an unexpected swim. Yikes. I love that this twist was never leaked on the spoiler sites. (I know, it would be simpler if I just didn't read the spoiler sites, but what fun would that be.)
  • Lucas Scott has apparently written a novel. I want to read it. How cheesy is that?
  • An earthquake has obliterated Orange County. Has any other show ended its run by literally blowing up the set? Oh, maybe 24, but I think they actually began the season by blowing up the set! With only two episodes left, Josh Schwartz and co. are going all out!
  • After more than 12 weeks with the tension lurking below the surface, this week's episode was the first to really explore the racial issues in Dillon, Texas: a white assistant coach said way more than he should have to a crafty reporter and the black players walked off the field in disgust. It was a great way to get the conflict between Riggins and Smash to come to a head without either of them really doing anything wrong.
  • There's a couch on Survivor!? Really?
  • And finally, tonight, Kitty and the Senator kissed (and more)... and he's running for president. This show has really hit its stride with great characters and great writing. Plus, I love Rob Lowe. (And the line about him always liking Demi Moore was hilarious! Did anyone else catch that?)

5 comments:

craftosaurus said...

Gilmore Girls was good again last week? I didn't want to give up on it, but I finally caved, and *that's* when there's a good episode again? Of course.

Sigh. :)

Legal Blondie said...

It was so good that I saved it on my TiVo, Sarah! You can come watch it!

Sarah said...

I must have to comment on Gilmore Girls. Overall, it was a good show, I agree that Emily was great, but Christopher is such an pouty, conceited idiot, the end of the show ruined it for me. I am all conflicted now that American Idol is on at the same time as GG, I will have to have Sean set up the VCR so I can tape both!

-SW

Legal Blondie said...

ahhhh... there are two sarah's commenting! how confusing!

Here's a link for the one in the baseball cap:
http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/02/13/the-five-reasons-you-shouldnt-watch-american-idol-tonight/

Sarah said...

Good article. Although I am still a sucker for that show since every once in a while someone can actually sing. I think we should make a date to watch the Galapagos show the Natl Geo. Channel is putting on in HD in March!